Friday, March 1, 2013

Great gift from Tom - Rip Clutchgoneski and 4 lemons

Every car collector should have a friend like Tom!

Look what he sent me - just like that:

The most welcome car in this great six pack (Well he sent a Lightning McQueen and the Dinoco Chick Hicks TOO but A and V got them. Yes. I gave two toy cars. To my kids. A sign of temporary sanity...)
Anyhow... the most welcome car is Rip Clutchgoneski!
He is the 11th Race Car in Cars 2 and the last one in my collection. Yes! Now I´ve got ´em all! Mooooahahaha! World domination to follow!

But I also love the four new* Lemons!
*) Grem and Acer isn´t new, only variants with gun and torch. But I really fancy the Lemon-cars so I dig the variants almost as if they were different cars.

Petey Pacer IS an entirely new Lemon:
And so is J Curby Gremlin:
As for the last of my new little friends, he is a type of car I´ve been concidering to start to collect. He is one of the officials that surrounds the Piston Cup Race in the first Cars movie. Dexter Hoover:
This one is actually Dexter Hoover with Yellow Flag. There´s two variants, one with a black&white chess-type of flag (to wave when cars cross the finnishing line) and one with a green flag.

Thank you Tom! I´m going to send you an email with a photo of A and V with their cars. A very adecuate question is - who is the most happy one? Me or my kids?




2 comments:

  1. "J. Curby Gremlin, from Detroit."
    Another Michigan Car. I believe the purple color may be a reference to the infamous Purple Gang of Detroit.
    "Detroit may not have been New York, but make no mistake: the Purple Gang was tough. They were strong enough to tell Capone to keep his mitts off eastern Michigan and managed to hold on to control of most of the state when Scarface was at his peak (U.S. 31, which cuts the gut of Grand Rapids and runs from the top of the mitten to the Indiana border was the territorial line. West of 31 was Capone's territory but east belonged to the Purples). Capone coveted Detroit, with its huge number of hardworking, hard-drinking laborers, but wisely decided it was better to buy booze from the Purple Gang than to fight them."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressing. I mean in a ganster kind of way, of course. And a cool Diecast he is, too!

    ReplyDelete