Thursday, August 29, 2013

A tribute to Mr Watterson - you have never seen Calvin and Hobbes like this

My friend Tom (yeah one of my four followers on this blog!) once wrote to me about the one true big export America clings on to nowadays - culture.

In my case, I´ve been in constant influense of the USA since, well... I think it may have started with the Ingalls Wilder-books about Little House on the Prairie. I saw it when I was 4/5 years old and then my mom read the books for me.

After that: Knight Rider, Stephen King books (not the movies, too scary!) Tom Cruise, The Goonies, Disney, Springsteen, DeNiro, Steinbeck, Emmy-Lou Harris, Friends, Seinfeld, not to mention all the comic books.

TO mention all the comic books! One comic in particular: Calvin & Hobbes. Please take time to read more about this masterpiece of comics that Bill Watterson produced between 1985 and 1995.

Here´s a good piece that explains a lot of the greatness that builds this comic and why fans still want Bill Watterson to start drawing again.

Now there´s a MOVIE comming up about the Comic! Watch the trailer here!

November 15th is a date to remember. Wonder if they gonna show it here in Sweden?

To show my love of the superbly painted, hillariuosly written and the thoughts behind every inch of the strips - I´ve tried to copy one of the earlier pages. (The latter are simply too hard for me to draw since the details are insane!)










No comments:

Post a Comment