Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The true wonder of new techology

I spent last weekend in the very north of Sweden - Kiruna. It´s a really cool place, the whole city was founded after the discovery of a large ore resource. Yes, it´s the city you may have heard of that will have to move it´s center because of the mines new reach.

We´re a couple of friends that meet once a year to hang out, most of us are college friends.

And - It was great. Some beers, some hiking, some sauna and some wine. And good food too. And the company, as always, excellent.

On the way home I sent a video message to the kids. I remember back in 2003 or something when I first heard about this technology. Sending and recieving moving pictures with your phone! Wow!

But it has been a disappointment for several years. Too bad screens, too slow, too low resoulution, too few pixels...

But now it´s finally working!


My wife told me that V was very proud when he saw me on that little screen doing sign language and talking to him and A.

Yes, it is truly a great thing for me to be able to communicate with sign language over the phone.

Thank you all you communication engineers out there - your helping people more than you think!

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I have some Cars buddies who do stuff like that but I've yet to get into it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiking is fun! It´s nice to get out in the great outdoors one in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is fun - but I was acutally referring to the video chat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome! I am working on upgrading the Sprint network here in Washington DC to 4G LTE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy! 4G! Looking forward to when that really hits in Sweden. Keep up the good work Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the best speed test result I have had on my phone is 13.7 MB/s, that is SCHNELL!

    ReplyDelete