Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Another hidden toy - NOW REVEALED!

So yes, this blog is about me collecting childrens toys, hiding them for my own kids in the garage. My semi intellectual psycological profile of myself has proven that this is something that I primary do to obtain control when my life is shaking.

It began almost at the same time we found out that V has a brain disease. 

You can read more about this here (in case you don´t believe me or just want to read more stuff when I dig deeper into my twisted mind).
(And if this is new for you, you´re probably a new reader to this blog. Then it might be useful to read this too, that way the pics down below makes a bit more sence)

But the cars is not the only toy I´ve kept hidden from my own kids.

This Christmas I finally decided to "give away" the ol´Nintendo Wii. I made it a present from Santa to the whole family - and never before has a kid (A) been made so happy with such a small economical effort (none, well, I bought the game five years ago but it seems like free now).


V doesn´t get the hang of it yet. We only got New Super Mario Bros. and he can´t understand the connection between the Wiimote and the character on the screen. I should probably try Wii Sports, that´s more easy, I guess. But we really don´t need another game right now, A is playing enough as it is. We actually had to make a schedule for him with 30 minutes slots and an egg timer next to the game. 3x30 minutes on weekdays and 5x30 minutes on holidays. Max.

That has helped. He now can control his behaviour and temper much better.

As to V...


He tries to copy what we do. Shaking the Wiimote desperately. But often facing the wrong direction. And when I play with A and V are forced to either "play" together with us or do something by himself - he cries. He is in a period right now, when he dosen´t want to share things. Neither his toys or the attention of his dad.

But most important - revealing this toy to my kids - has been a success! 

It has made me wonder - should I do the same with my Car Collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment