Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Error cars - Tubbs Pacer

It wasn´t until I saw my friend Tom´s comment that I realised I had my first Error Car:

Dude! Did you even notice your Tubbs is also an ERROR CAR?!? His left tail lamp/turn signal assembly and his AMC badge are missing! Nice score!


Even though I had taken the photos, placing the car around, made a few adjustments in Photoshop and finally put them on my blog - I still hadn´t noticed that the left rear light was missing.

The cars go by the name Error Cars among us collectors - you can see more at the excellent Take Five a Day - and they are the result of plain errors made in the factorys that make Mattel cars.

I also e-mailed the picture to Cars Drive In Gallery - a page trying to keep track on the known Error Cars. Impossible, it seams, but a nice blog!

Soo, to the question with a Q: Is there any money in those Error things?

Well, a quick glance at eBay says... no. A few cars above 30 USD, otherwise it´s just a slightly higher price than a normal car would cost.

Or, have I misread this?

2 comments:

  1. Very neat! Some errors can be valuable but it's all in the buyer's eyes. Unfortunately, since it is loose, many error collectors would not want it as much as if it were in package. I would suggest hanging on to it - I have a few errors myself and they make for good stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u up with information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.
    Visit Our Site Also For: Toyota Innova 2017

    ReplyDelete