Sunday, October 28, 2012

First hockey game

I took A for his first hockey game last weekend. It was great! I did it partly because I like hockey and I want him to experience that good feeling when your team scores. And I did it partly because sometimes we need some time just me and him together.

In January I wrote this about being the sibbling to a disabled brother or sister. We caring parents tend to see very much to the disabled kid (naturally) and not so much to the not disabled (too bad).

So every once in a while I try to focus on just A alone.

My (soon to be OUR) team did their job, an easy 4-0 victory and A tried to sing a long in a few of the hard core audience songs. He did good in one in particular: Hey Hey Douglas Murray!

Yeah, we ripe the benefits of that ongoing NHL-lock out and my team has both Douglas Murray and Gabriel Landeskog in the squad right now.

You can read more about the most succesfull team in Swedish hockey here - (and find out why we are in trouble right know).

I heard A talk to his friends at the daycare center the day after. He was clearly very proud. Told the kids about the penalty box...



3 comments:

  1. You are the only ones benefitting from the NHL lockout, we need our hockey over here and can't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the people in Switzerland, Finland, Russia and some more European countries also have a lot of NHL players.
    But I rather see them play in their real teams - with the best of the best. I hope they solve this matter soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the people in Switzerland, Finland, Russia and some more European countries also have a lot of NHL players.
    But I rather see them play in their real teams - with the best of the best. I hope they solve this matter soon!

    ReplyDelete