Saturday, October 13, 2012

The holidays is getting closer! Mater Saves Xmas!

There´s one more nutty thing about me. Yes. There´s more too this mental state than just chasing kids toys and hiding them for your own kids - I´m also a christmas addict.

But I realise now, having most of my readers in the US, that this is just something I share with lots of you out there. In Sweden we celebrate X-mas properly - with joy, lights, (too many) presents and food, lots of good food. But I guess that you Americans (in general) do the same and to the same degree.

Anyhow. This is the last diecast in my collection:


The model is not from any of the films, therefore it´s a "Expanded Universe"-diecast  and it´s called Whee-Hoo Winter Mater. It´s from a book called Mater Saves Christmas. In the same "series" you´ll find my season favourite Santa:


Last year I put him close to the gingerbread house we (I) always construct some weeks beafore christmas. This year I´m going to collect some more christmas-cars. It will be like the Christmas chréche (nativity scene?) - only with beautiful cars instead of old wise guys and naked kids with supernatural powers.

Can´t wait!





3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your nativity scene. Maybe we'll try that too. Who would be Jesus? Guido?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it´s going to be a small car... Guido seems right. Or some random pitty. The three wise men could be the three Ferraris from Italy that shows up at Luigi´s shop at the end of the first movie!

    ReplyDelete