Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy Birthdy V!

He did blow one candle out. That´s better than I thought he could do. Blowing has always been hard for V.

And suddenly he is three years old. Just like that. So much time lost in worrying and visiting doctors. But that´s just me and my wife I guess. V has always been busy living. Growing. Playing. Just like all the other kids around him.
He was so happy when we sang for him and put down the cake in front of him. Laughing out loud.
He is aware of the koncept now. The koncept of having a birthday. Getting presents. Attention.

I love that he loves it.

The other kids is asking questions now. The kids at kindergarten. His friends. It´s tough to think about. Sometimes I think - this is when it starts. Now they notice that he is different. Now the outside life starts. 

But maybe I have underestimated the children of today. I heard from one of his teachers the other day, she told me about an episode she had with one of V´s friends:

- Why doesn´t V speak?
- He speaks with his hands, the teacher answers, refering to V´s quite new progress in sign-language.
- But he can´t answer when I ask if he wants to play!
- But he do! He laughs!

The kid trying to talk to V was silent for a short while. Then she turned to V and said:

- V, I can teach you to speak, and you can laugh! Come on!



1 comment: