Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I should learn from this. But it is hard.

Me and A did som painting the other day. I´ve been buliding a shelf attached to his bunk bed and I wanted it to glow in the dark. A combined night lamp for A who´s afraid of the dark, and a cool shelf for him to put cool stuff on (cars).

I like the pirate theme and made a treasure map in an old school pirate way on a piece of paper. I´ve spent several nights with this drawing. Carefully. Slowly. I wanted it to be really nice for him.
But last week the family all got the cold in some ways and finally I resigned and let A join me. I showed him the drawing and asked him if he wanted to help med finnish the thing.

Here´s the result:
 Ok. A is 4 years old. It´s hard to draw inside the lines. And we did finnish the drawing.

It fit nicely to the top of the shelf and a plexi glas covered the whole thing. I was pretty proud. And A was thrilled when we tested the lamp at thet night:


So I guess I should learn something from this. Something like - it´s not important if some paint got wrong, if some lines were crossed, if somebody thinks that red is a better color for an island on a map than the usual boring yellow. I guess that the important thing is that we spent som really nice time together.
I guess that you should see it that way.

It´s just...

Well, I really didn´t like when my great drawing was molestered by my own son.

Yeah. That´s the ugly thruth. I liked to draw together with him, it was a fine moment. But... ok. I´m just a little disturbed that way. I have to deal with that side of me.

But there will be no playing with my car collection for at least two years.

Basta!

1 comment:

  1. Neat! The red island must be volcanic or something.

    You should get Pirate Mater to put in his pirate themed room, it is a Disney World exclusive car

    ReplyDelete