Monday, March 26, 2012

Small Error - Great Money?

First of all: I´m not in this for the money. 

Yeah. I know - Big surprise. I´ve almost spent "half a vacation" as my wife pointed out to me the other month. Spot on. Even If I´ve sold a few cars with a success I´ve lost almost the same amount selling others. (I spent more buying them than I made selling them).

But when I got my latest car - Carla Veloso, I started thinking maybe I hit the Jackpot.
 

Look a bit closer - The little plastic error over the eye:

Some people actually collect "error cars" - read more about it on T5

It will probably have to be a greater error to make me a fortune. But I´m not in it for the money. So now I´m happy instead, thinking of that I now lack only three (3) World Grand Prix Racers!

But still - If there´s anyone out there willing to bid on my very exclusive Error Carla - it will be yours for the very reasonable price of 1000 USD. Or the highest bid.



2 comments:

  1. Interesting but I doubt it well fetch major $$$$. I've had some little mistake cars like that and thought the same.... other collectors have told me that it's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that´s what I thought. But the error-cards? The one with wrong names on or a car packed up side down?

    ReplyDelete