Friday, November 23, 2012

Divided by two = bad conscience

It happens all the time. And I know that all of you with more than one children know what I´m talking about.
Both your kids want your immediate attention. Right know. Right here. No excuses accepted.
And I guess that every parent who has to take two kids by him/herself has to go through the routine of choosing which kid to help first and help most. And I guess that the smaller kid got the larger attention and care.

But with V this is more to the extreme. He needs more care taking. (That´s why we got money from the Swedish state, a small amount every month, it´s like 4 percent of our sallary we can add every month).

But I feel very bad when I think of how much attention I deny A.

He is a smart kid. Almost ready to read by himself. He knows some math. And I can´t help thinking that if I helped him more, spent a little more time training, well, just spent more time with A... He could have been reading early in his fourth year.

And it´s not that I´m wishing he was some Wunderkind, no, even worse is the fact that I miss hanging out with A as much as I want to.
It´s so very often a scream from V... and A has to manage on his own. Watching TV. Playing some computergames on the internet. Or on my iPad.

Some days ago A said it straight out:
- Dad, first you played a lot with V, and now when I want you to play with me, you say you dont have the time!!

Ouch.

Good thing I spent the day at home with only A today. He has some kind of pox and it´s contagious but he´s not really ill. We spent the day watching movies together, drawing som great pictures and then we had panncakes for lunch. Good day!

It´s just a pitty that he has to be sick for this to happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment